Thursday, October 9, 2008

Let's Get Physical--Part 2

God, I really LOVED that song by Olivia Newton-John when I was little. It debuted on the charts in November 1981. I was 7 years old. I remember getting the 45 single for Christmas and playing it over and over and over...and dancing and singing around the family room where the record player was located.

I remember singing it while I waited for my bus after school. I went to Catholic school. I remember my principal, Sister Mariella, scolding me and telling me that I should not be singing that song at school. I couldn't figure out why. The video was just about exercising and my 7 year old mind did not see any other meaning--what was wrong with exercise? And besides, it was "Sandy" from Grease singing it, she was a nice girl...

No comments: