Friday, July 25, 2008

Dr. Randy Pausch-A true Tigger

I am sad today over the passing of a man I never even personally knew. Randy Pausch, the former CMU professor and inspirational phenomenon, has died today at the age of 47.

I watched his lecture and followed his treatments and story online. I don't know if it's because his lecture and words of wisdom came along while I was navigating my first year of learning how to be a mom, but I read his book with an eye toward my future of raising Bobby and wanting him to "live his childhood dreams."

I can't imagine what his wife and 3 kids are feeling right now, but I hope someday they take comfort in knowing how many lives Dr. Pausch touched-even those who never knew him. I thank them for sharing him with the world.

I will take the wisdom he shared and in tribute to his memory, someday when Bobby is older and asks if he can paint his room, I will, in a true, Tigger-like fashion, smile and say, "Yes, have a blast!


May we live in peace without weeping.
May our joy outline the lives we touch without ceasing.
And may our love fill the world, angel wings tenderly beating.

No comments: