Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday...Snip Snip!

My little Bobby will be 2 years on old on May 21. And how will he celebrate his special day? Well, he's scheduled for surgery. It's not for any major problem(THANK GOD!) but to me, anything involving anesthesia and referred to as "surgery" inpatient or outpatient--is major. Especially when it's my baby!

Bobby is tongue-tied (medically, his condition is Ankyloglossia. Try saying that 3 times fast!). Basically, his tongue is tightly connected to the bottom of his mouth. It's really connected near the tip of his tongue, and he can't really stick his tongue out too far. He'll be having a Lingual Frenectomy under general anesthesia.

I know it's better for him in the long run, but why does it have to be on his birthday?

1 comment:

Dani said...

Argh. That would scare me too. I'll have my fingers crossed for him.