Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

I guess you could say I've been on summer hiatus from blogging. Rob and I took a 5 year anniversary trip without Bobby. So, needless to say after being away and not seeing "Mr. Snuggables" for almost 2 weeks, I wanted to spend as much time as I could with him. But as Bobby says, "I'm Back, Baby"--yes, he is quoting George from Seinfeld.

Rob and I went to Texas. We did a whirlwind tour of Dallas, The Woodlands (to see my friend, Melissa), Houston and Galveston (to go to Schlitterbahn Water Park). Bobby had a great vacation at the beach with my parents. So, at least he wasn't at home while Rob and I were frolicking in the 111 degree heat.

We stayed at the Magnolia Hotel in Dallas. It was excellent. In addition to a Manager's Reception from 5:30-6:30 with free hooch, they had a nightly "Cookies & Milk" Happy Hour. This was the sole reason I picked to stay in this hotel. MMM. Cookies. It was a nice touch. The hotel itself was gorgeous and we had a huge suite with a full kitchen (not that we cooked) and the staff was so friendly. I highly recommend staying there if you're ever in the Dallas area.

Now, when we decided to head to the Lone Star State, I said I wanted to immerse myself in the cowboy life. This of course meant that I was going to wear my cowboy hat and ride a mechanical bull. In my mind I envisioned myself looking all sexy and natural like Debra Winger in Urban Cowboy:



Thankfully, there are no videos of my bucking bull ride because I didn't look quite as good. The reality did not match my vision; after struggling to even get on the bull, this was me just hanging on for dear life hoping I didn't impale myself on one of the horns...

So, riding the bull was my vacation "to-do". Rob's was to visit "Southfork". He is a huge "Dallas" fan. I have the rubber bins full of VHS tapes of the show in my basement to prove it. I am the complete opposite of a huge "Dallas" fan. But, I willingly visited Southfork and took the tour. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. It was actually enjoyable because they let you walk around the house on your own and I even got some decorating ideas for our next house:

I think big oil paintings of Rob and I would be a good decorating scheme.

No comments: