Thursday, January 1, 2009

Soccer Mom

Goodbye 2008. Hello 2009. I realized yesterday that I was completing my first full year as a mom. It was quite a year having Bobby go from a teething infant to a running toddler. Sometimes it feels like some days go so slowly, but really, this year flew by. I still can't believe my baby isn't a baby anymore. wah. Although I do enjoy his emerging language development, sense of humor and quirky personality.
It was fun spending a "pajama day" with him today. We played ball in the hallway. Much to my chagrin, he seems to like to kick the ball. Soccer is the one sport I didn't want Bobby to play, because I really can't stand to watch it and I don't understand it. To me, it's just a bunch of people running around. I used to have to go watch my brother and sister play in high school. Maybe it's the bad memories of sitting on that field afterschool and being bored silly. As much as I don't like the sport in general, don't get me wrong, I love Becks! I would probably be able to sit through a game or two watching him. Pure Torture, I tell you.
Come to think of it, if Bobby could be an early prodigy ala Tiger Woods, Soccer could become a lucrative passion...and with me as his agent, of course.

No comments: