Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Only 44 Shopping Days Left...

The holiday shopping season has officially begun in our house! I prefer to do most of my shopping online--there is the initial rush of ordering everything, then you get a second dose when packages start arriving at the door...
Once again, I'm going to try to get to Christmas before Rob guesses his gifts. I think ruining my surprises for him is part of his holiday traditions--it sure does bring him great joy! Last year I had to throw down the gauntlet and tell him that if he guessed what his presents were, I would return them all and he'd be getting whatever crap was left at the stores on Christmas Eve. I still think he guessed everything, but he kept it to himself, thus giving me the illusion that I was surprising him. I really do love buying for everyone and trying to get frivolous gifts that nobody "needs" but would really want to have!

Now, if I can only learn to wrap presents well. I really do try but honestly, I can't wrap a box, let alone an odd-shaped item. Bobby at 17 mo. would do better than me. But, it's the thought, right?

No comments: