Monday, November 17, 2008

Let your tears come. Let them water your soul. -Eileen Mayhew

My cousin, Irishembi, blogged about crying here. I fully admit I am an emotional being. I cry while reading books. I cry hearing certain songs. I cry at movies, commercials and t.v. shows. I cry at memorable, happy events. However, I vowed not to cry at my own wedding and I didn't (I didn't want to appear to be a blubbering mess in all the pictures!!! It worked and I was just all smiles!).

Once when I was dating Rob, he called and I literally could not speak because I was crying so hard. He was very concerned that something had happened. It took all my energy to tell him between sobs that everything was fine and I was just watching the "Dawson's Creek" series finale and I'd have to call him back. The fact that he didn't go running for the hills after that meant a lot to me. (He has since seen me blubbering watching "My Dog Skip" and reading "Marley and Me", so I think he's grown somewhat used to this quirky behavior).
My grandmother used to tell me that sometimes you feel better after a "good cry". I think that's true. I don't cry everyday, and I have a pretty even-keeled temperament but sometimes a good cry is good for the soul.

There are a few movies, and certain scenes within those movies, that guarantee the unrestricted flow of my tears. In no particular order, here's a sampling:

1) Rudy
2) The Notebook
3) My Dog Skip
4) Paulie
5) Steel Magnolias
6) Life is Beautiful
7) Billy Elliot
8) Dead Poet's Society
9) Hoosiers
10) The Lion King

2 comments:

IrishBelle1996 said...

I agree! I cry at RUDY all the time! :) Especially when he finally gets his acceptance letter to Notre Dame! Reminds me of when I found out I was going to Saint Mary's!!:)

Dani said...

Charlotes Web get's me every time & I hate spiders.