Saturday, November 29, 2008

Belated Thanks Giving...

There is so much I am thankful for. It may be human nature to focus on what I don't have or what I wish for, but over the past few days, I've tried to focus on what I'm really thankful for...

I give you "What I am Thankful for 2008"(in a stream of consciousness order):

-the good health of my family and friends.
-the strong bond I have with Bobby. Even after hearing "mama" approximately 10,000 times on Thursday, it never gets old and it makes my heart giggle. I hope to never lose that feeling...
-Rob, and the fact that he accepts my "quirkiness" and "Irish Stubbornness" without fail. He thinks my trying to relive my childhood, aka "Camelot" with Bobby is endearing and not psychotic.
-that my sister and I, after some tumultuous teen years, are the best of friends. I can't even quantify how much she means to me and how much I rely on her.
-that Killarney is alive and well, even if she is a "geriatric canine". She is my daughter and the best dog in the world. I'm thankful for every day Bobby gets to know her. She means more to me than anyone can imagine--and more than I've ever told anyone.
-That Bobby calls my sister, Ee-Ee (what I used to call her), now I have to work on him calling my brother Brian, Bubba.
-That my 88 year old grandma is as lively and feisty as ever.
-that my Grandma has been able to enjoy Bobby and is someone who truly appreciates him just for him.
-That my parents are so supportive and loving of me and my family
-that my friend "Tootie" and I can go weeks without "talking" but I feel as close to her as anyone in my life...I thank god every day for our friendship.
-that I live in the same city as all of my immediate relatives
-for a happy married life, better than I could have ever imagined
-for Bobby's fun personality and childlike wonder
-for a job with wonderful co-workers and a fantastic work-life balance
-that I was at SMC in the 90s when Lou Holtz was the Coach and the IRISH WON GAMES and were National Contenders
-for Chapstick ultra
-that Rob's worst vice is sports memorabilia collecting
-that my life has led me to where I am today...

No comments: