Wednesday, November 5, 2008

One for the History Books!

Last night was an historic one, but not for the reasons you may think. Yes, it was inspirational to see the American public get off their asses and vote like they've never voted before. No matter which candidate you supported, this election got people interested, excited and hopeful that they could change the course of history. I think it was a real turn-around from the usual voter apathy. However, that is not why last night was historical, at least not to me personally.

Last night, I got my first unsolicited kiss from my little boy! Certainly I've showered him with kisses and cuddles. When I ask for a kiss, most times he'll oblige (unless he's engrossed in one of the political ads on t.v.--Thank God that's over with for now!). No, last night, unprompted, Bobby said, "Mama!" and then came over and gave me a kiss. It was one of the most heart-melting moments of my life. Even though I've been stressed and emotional recently, last night, I was happy and content. I was reminded that no matter what, nothing else really matters other than the love of family.

1 comment:

Erwin said...

It's so nice to hear that because I had forgotten what that was like. My boy is too old for that stuff now. Enjoy every moment because they don't last long.