Friday, March 27, 2009

Willy Wonky?

I had to go talk to my neighbor about a tree that was falling into our yard. Rob designated that having such conversations was "my job"... afterwards, he asked me how it went.

I told him that it was hard to focus because of her "wonky eye". He looked confusingly at me. "Wonky Eye?" he inquired. So, I had to explain--I thought that was a universally-known, descriptive term. Maybe not the medical term for such a condition, but at least a well-accepted general use term in the American lexicon. Hell, it's defined on Urban Dictionary--so it's gotta be legit, right? Here's an example:
Now, I'd rather not have any references to or images of Paris Hilton on here, but she has the most famous Wonky Eye...Just google images for "Wonky Eye" and you'll see...she tops the list!

No comments: