Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Moose A. Moose and Zee D. Bird

We had Bobby's 2nd birthday party on Sunday. It was a "Moose and Zee" party. They are his favorite characters from Noggin.I made him a special t-shirt to wear with Moose and Zee in party hats, and it even had Frisco the FireAnt! But my greatest endeavor was trying to make a Moose cake and Zee cupcake. I found the instructions on the Noggin website. I am ok with the baking aspect of the cake-making. It was the decorating that had me a bit nervous. Thankfully my sister came over to help. I don't think it would have turned out as well if I did it on my own. Here is the masterpiece:

and here's the Zee cupcake. I did this one all by myself :)
My ever-artsy and crafty sister made Bobby the greatest gift. His very own Moose and Zee dolls:

I really think she should start selling these on Ebay!

2 comments:

Irishembi said...

Excellent job! I am really impressed. As of yet I have been too scared to attempt to re-create an actual character on cake. The closest I came was the Spiderman emblem.

The Zee cupcake is PERFECT!!!!

Theresa said...

I came across your blog when I googling ideas for my daughter's upcoming 1st bday...we're doing the Moose & Zee theme too! I just wish there was more available in their characters. The dolls are awesome...let me know if she decides to sell them on ebay :)