Thursday, May 21, 2009

TWO!

Bobby is 2 years old today. I wanted to finally write down the story of the day he was born, so that the little details wouldn't be forgotten, and someday he'd be able to read about his arrival. But, I've been up since 4:45...we had a stressful morning at Children's Hospital, and I spent the rest of the day doing anything I could to try to make him happy and comfortable.

His surgery went well, and any guilt I was feeling or doubts about whether we really had to put him through this were put to rest when the surgeon came out and said everything went perfectly, and he really needed the surgery as he was as tongue tied as he could be.
So, Bobby, I promise that someday soon I will write about the day you changed my life and fulfilled my dream to be a mother. I will share every detail, from the first labor pain right to the moment I first held you and you peed on me. I love you, Bobby, and just like our song goes....God picked you out from all the rest, just because he knew that I loved you the best!


This was just before you peed on me. The first of many times!


This was taken right after we brought you home. Your dad and I didn't really know what to do with you. At least we figured that part out!

No comments: