Friday, May 15, 2009

Photo Phriday

This was my first 2-wheel bike. I think I was about 5 years old in this picture so this is vintage 1979! I wonder how long it took my parents Santa to find a BLUE girls' bike? Because that is all I wanted. Thanks, mom, for letting me ride the bike all around the house since it was too cold/snowy outside. You taught me to put people ahead of "things". That carpet eventually got replaced, but I'll always have the memory!

I can still remember the day that I first tried to ride it without training wheels. My dad took us to South Park. I was riding around thinking he was holding onto the back. Unbeknownst to me, he had let go and I was balancing on my own. Of course, I was so focused on balancing that I kindof forgot to steer. Heading straight for a set of stairs that went down to the field, I was a deer in headlights. Frozen, but with my bike moving beneath me. Luckily my dad caught up to me and grabbed the back of the bike just as I started my descent. Thanks, dad, for giving me independence, but also for keeping a steady hand close by!

No comments: