Monday, February 9, 2009

Ocean City, Here We Come, Right Back Where We Started From...

Ocean City, NJ is where my family vacationed every summer for many years. I have such fond memories of fun times there. Singing "Beat It" at the top of my lungs in the outside shower, playing shuffleboard at the park, riding my bike all over the island, playing innumerable games of the card game, "Spit" with my siblings and cousins.
Most of all though, I remember the boardwalk. Goofy Golf. Wonderland. PlayLand with the mummies on the roof. The Giant Slide. Irene's. I loved our vacations there, and it will always be my favorite place. I cannot wait until Bobby is old enough to really enjoy all that the Boardwalk has to offer.
Of course, the boardwalk is also home to Mack & Manco's pizza. It is a simple, but heavenly combination of dough, cheese and sauce. No other pizza even comes close. There is nothing better than a few slices + a birch beer...
Well, Bobby had his first trip to Ocean City. The "Return to Camelot" as Rob called it.

No comments: