Friday, September 19, 2008

Small Town U.S.A.

I had to go into Pittsburgh today for a proceeding in Federal Court. It truly made me appreciate the fact that I'm now at a small firm in Beaver, PA. I used to work in the U.S. Steel Tower in Pittsburgh, and I had an awful rush-hour commute each day--and that was even taking public transportation. Parking in the Steel Tower is $22/day.

Beaver has a population of roughly 4,700. On the main street there are no fast food restaurants (but we did just get a Starbucks) and the streets are lined with mom and pop specialty stores. Outside my office I have not one, but two parks. I see squirrels running on the tree branches, kids playing in the park. I do not see any pigeons, traffic, or litter.

I work in "Mayberry". I hope my visits to "Mount Pilot" are few and far between.

1 comment:

Irishembi said...

Hey I visited Mt. Pilot on the way home from Myrtle Beach! LOL! I will never EVER EVER work in Pittsburgh again. Ever. Did I mention that I hated working in Pittsburgh? Let me reiterate. NEVER AGAIN.