Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just Say No

At 15 months, Bobby is starting to pick up new words each day and is really starting to parrot us. Sometimes when I say a word to him, I can see him studying my mouth before he attempts it. I guess we're about to enter the language explosion stage...

But, I have recently become somewhat concerned with his language development. He has about 12 teeth already. We've been medicating him with baby Tylenol and Orajel for what seems like the past 9 months. In addition to the constant emergence of teeth with accompanying swollen gums, he's also had between 2 and 3 vaccination shots at every check-up. I felt justified in giving him some medication to take the edge off. My mother is a retired nurse and often advises that he should be given Tylenol on "general principles."

Bobby now asks for the Tylenol by name. Well, sort of. He points at it and says, "Nana."


1 comment:

Irishembi said...

LOL! Did I ever mention I LOVE your Mom? Sabrina was our original Tylenol addict! I think I may just have to blog about this myself!

General Principles. LOVE IT! And I couldn't agree more.