Sunday, October 5, 2008

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

Since last Monday's Steeler game, Rob has been battling a cold. Congestion, coughing, the works. He's been sleeping in the guest room because the coughing was keeping me awake and he was tossing and turning so much I slept horribly.

I had a sleep study done back in 2006 because I always seemed tired no matter how much sleep I got. The results? Not sleep apnea (as I had self-diagnosed)...but Marriage. Yes, the Doctor basically told me that I slept just fine during the study. REM sleep, dream state and all that other good stuff. No, he diagnosed that my sleepiness was due not to any medical conditions but rather to the sleep patterns of my mate. Nice, huh. How do you treat that one, Doc?

Although I sleep better without him in the bed, I want him there next to me. I consider it one of the many perks of marriage. I still like that he tucks me in every night even though he comes to bed a few hours after me.
He's tentatively scheduled to check out of the guest room tomorrow and I'm glad.

No comments: