Thursday, October 9, 2008

As Olivia Newton-John says, "Let's Get Physical"

Week 2 of the new weight loss regime starts today. Last week I focused on getting back on track with eating. This week I'm going to try to get back to daily (or at least regular) exercise.

I used to be militant about exercise. I always hated it, but I made myself do it religiously. Of course, that was before I worked full-time, got married and had a baby. Now, if I'm short on time, exercise is the first thing to go. I generally don't like exercising and I'm a clock-watcher; counting down the minutes until I can stop.

I know people say, just tell yourself, "I'll exercise for 10 minutes" and then once you get started you'll do more. Not me. If I did that, after 10 minutes I'd be ready to quit.

I did get a Wii Fit last May which I do really love--it is really fun and addictive. I love to see my little Mii hula hooping and running. I've got a plan in my mind, let's just hope I can get my body to do it!

No comments: